Navigate here on your mobile device:
Keauhou Pier: 78-7130 Kaleiopapa St., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Kailua Pier: 6598 Kaahumanu Pl, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Or click on the Directions & Socials tab at the top of our webpage to get directions in Waze, Google, and Apple Maps.
24 hours prior for cancellations and/or changes.
Hawaii Island has one main road that runs all the way around the island. It carries several names in different areas of the road – Hawaii Belt Road, Mamalahoa Highway, Queen Ka’ahumanu Highway, Highway 11, and Highway 19. In Kona, Highway 11 changes into Highway 19 at Palani Road at the Walmart intersection.
Directions from Hawaii Belt Road to Keauhou Pier
- From Highway 11 (aka Hawaii Belt Rd.) turn onto Kamehameha III Rd. which is towards the ocean.
- Continue downhill on Kamehameha III Rd for 1.5 miles, then turn left onto Ali’i Dr. heading south.
- Continue on Ali’i Dr. for 0.8 miles, then turn right onto Kaleiopapa St.
- On Kaleiopapa St. you can park in most places along the shoulder unless otherwise posted.
- Continue on foot down Kaleiopapa St. You will pass a trailer parking section (do not park here) and follow a short rock wall on your right, passing some buildings on your left. You will come to a small parking lot and pier after a brief 3-minute walk.
You can park in the pier parking lot as well if you’re fortunate enough to find a spot.
When you’re trying to keep your bearings in Kona, remember the ocean is due west!
Directions from Hawaii Belt Road to Kailua Pier
You can reach the free parking lot from Henry St. or Palani Rd. The address is:
75-5668 Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- From the Walmart intersection, turn SW on Henry St., towards the ocean.
- At the bottom of the hill, Henry St. ends and you must turn. Turn right onto Kuakini Hwy.
- In less than a quarter of a mile, you will see a parking lot on your left. Find a spot there.
- From there, take a short walk towards the ocean, either down the steps through the shopping center, or downhill through the alley. Both routes put you on Ali’i Dr.
- Turn right on Ali’i Dr. and walk along the sea wall towards the Kailua Pier. While along the sea wall, you will be looking at the south side of the pier where the canoe will dock when it arrives.